what-ev-ah

Thursday, May 12, 2005

War, documents, and Bush's desk

The recently discovered documents that prove that Bush planned to oust Saddam a year before the attack reminds me of when reporters were asking Bush if he was going to attack Iraq and he kept talking about his desk.

5/23/02 "I told the Chancellor that I have no war plans on my desk, which is the truth."

5/26/02 "And as I told President Chirac, I have no war plans on my desk."

6/13/02 "I told the Prime Minister there are no war plans on my desk."

Now remember, everybody knew Bush would attack Iraq. The controversy was over where the plans were. You see, war plans are classified and people were worried that, with all the visitors Bush gets, a war plan on his desk could compromise national security. Thankfully, Bush assured us that the plans were safe, and not just sitting on his desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home